We’re thrilled to share the news of our partnership with Peapod!
Starting today, gatheredtable customers can have their weekly groceries delivered from Peapod, bringing all of the ingredients you need for your weekly menu right to your door!
Peapod is the country’s leading Internet grocer, serving 24 U.S. markets throughout Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Wisconsin. Founded in 1989 as a smart shopping option for busy households, Peapod has delivered more than 29 million grocery orders.
How it works – Getting set up:
- Sign into gatheredtable: As a gatheredtable customer, you’ll receive a personalized weekly dinner menu, including recipes from your personal library in addition to our simple, seasonal suggestions.
- Link with Peapod: If you live an area that is serviced by Peapod, we’ll let you know and encourage you to sign up through gatheredtable (or give you the option to link your accounts if you’re already a Peapod customer)
How it works – Each week:
- Review your menu: Each week, we email you when your menu is ready – you can review it and make any needed edits on gatheredtable.com (or on your iPhone or iPad via the gatheredtable app). As you make changes to your menu, this week’s grocery list will automatically be updated, combining recipe ingredients with any items you want replenished each week. Tell us what you already have in your “pantry” and we’ll remember it – so you don’t end up with two bottles of ground cumin 🙂
- Review your weekly grocery list: Take a scan, see what’s available for delivery, marking items that you already have in your pantry, and choosing “self-shop” for any items you’d rather not have delivered this week.
- Check out with Peapod: Click “Submit to Peapod” to pop all of the items on your grocery list to your Peapod shopping cart. You can continue to edit your final order at Peapod.com, where you’ll also schedule a delivery time and submit payment.
How we fill your Peapod grocery list:
- It’s all based on your preferences! We fill your Peapod cart with ingredients based on your preferences. So if you would like to change the amount of organic or premium products on your grocery list, select “Menu Preferences” under “My Account” at the top right of the screen and modify your settings under “We Like to Buy”.
- Product availability: We do our best to match each of the items on your gatheredtable grocery list to products that Peapod delivers in your area. If you see that a common item is marked as “Not available for delivery”, you should still search for it on Peapod.com to add it to your order – this will ensure you receive everything you need to make this week’s recipes. Also, we want to hear about it! Send us a note at email@example.com with any feedback on your Peapod grocery list.
- Heads up – Peapod has a $60 minimum: You may need to top off your cart – Paper towels? Lightbulbs? Dog food?
Not in a Peapod delivery area? Don’t fret!
We’re working on countless other delivery partnerships right now. By early 2015, we plan to offer delivery in 20 of the top 25 metropolitan areas in the United States.