A slow cooker – what’s not to love?! Throw everything into one pot in the morning, and volia! – a delicious dinner awaits you in the evening.
Below are our favorite slow-cooker recipes, how to set your gatheredtable preferences to get more slow cooker recipes in your weekly menus, and our recommendations for 3 affordable and awesome slow-cookers!
2. Slow-cooker Asian Pork with Snow Peas, Red Peppers and Soba Noodles
“This dish is perfect for fall weather. We make ours gluten-free at home with tamari in place of the soy sauce and we serve ours over rice noodles. ” – Victoria
3. Slow-cooker Chicken Curry
“Perfectly cooked chicken and delicious served over rice!” – Victoria
4. Slow-cooker Pomegranate-poached Salmon
“I was skeptical about the whole slow-cooker magic at first, so I tested this beginner recipe. To my surprise, I realized quickly how easy and delicious it is to cook with a slow cooker. If you are hesitant, I urge you to try this recipe first! – Aileen
5. Slow-cooker Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
“We tested this recipe the same day we tested “REAL” (baked) lasagna… and to my surprise my kids actually liked this one better! – Mary
Update your gatheredtable preferences for slow cookers
Be sure to set your preferences to ensure you receive slow-cooker recipes as often as you’d like in your weekly menu rotation.
- Log into your account on gatheredtable.com (from a desktop or mobile browser), then click on the top right “My Account” and go to “Menu Preferences”. From there, go to the “We like to prepare” section.
- There you can choose 0-4 hearts for how often you’d like to see slow-cooker recipes on your custom weekly menu (the more hearts you select, the more often you’ll see slow-cooker recipes!)
- If you don’t have a slow cooker and don’t want one, just make sure you select zero hearts under slow cooker.
Want to buy a slow cooker? Read on!
There are many high-quality, affordable options available in stores and online. Here are 3 of our favorites:
1. Crock-Pot Manual Slow Cooker, 2 Quart
Live in a household of 4 or less? This starter 2 quart slow cooker is affordable, durable and dishwasher-safe! It’s the top-seller on Amazon.com and is priced at a mere $9.99! (yes that is NOT a typo!)
2. Crock-Pot Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Stainless Steel Cooker
Feeding 4-8 people? Have a 6 lb roast to tackle? This slow cooker will quickly become a weeknight staple tool. It travels well, and comes with 3 settings for chilis, stews sauces and more. Priced at a comfortable $29.99 on Amazon.com.
3. Fagor 3-in-1 Electric Multicooker
We love how versatile this slow-cooker is, serving as a pressure cooker, slow cooker and rice cooker. And you can get it now for the great price of $79.95 from Sur La Table with their Friends & Family discount! (use Promo Code: FRIENDS14 for $20 off and free shipping, ends Nov. 11th)
Looking for a few more recipes?
Here are links to a few favorite blogger slow cooker recipes. And don’t forget, you an any of our friend’s recipes to your gatheredtable library by using the gatheredtable web clipper:
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken from Damn Delicious
- Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin on FOOD52
- Caramelized Apple Slow Cooker Oatmeal from Nourishing Joy
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli from Table for Two
How do you use your slow cooker? Drop us a line in the comments!