Desserts are always an important part of a large get-together, and Thanksgiving is no exception. Whether you’re hosting a Thanksgiving meal at your house or just bringing dessert to someone else’s home, check out this list of non-traditional Thanksgiving desserts as a guide to wow your friends and family, all without a ton of time or stress.
A few from the gatheredtable library…
1. Roasted Pears with Ricotta and Honey – adapted from Michael Pollan
“Fruit for dessert never tasted so good! We also love it with a sprinkle of cinnamon.” – Victoria
2. Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Icing – adapted from Food52
“Everyone at gatheredtable LOVED this cake, so we know you will too. The pumpkin seeds are optional but delicious!” – Mary
3. Walnut Sugar Cookies – adapted from “Home Made Summer” by Yvette van Boven
“Cookies are great gathering desserts and this recipe reminds us of the holiday season!” – Aileen
A few from our friends around the web…
4. Spiced Harvest Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze – Brooklyn Homemaker
“It’s hard to top a cake that says Thanksgiving more than this amazing Spiced Harvest Bundt Cake! It’s a guaranteed crowd pleaser.” – Aileen
6. Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Swirl – Epicurious
“We tested this at gatheredtable and even the individuals that do not like cheesecake wanted seconds!” – Erin
Over the coming week, we’ll be sharing tips for planning, shopping and cooking here on our gatheredtable thanksgiving guide. Check back in as we’ll be adding more tips every day…
And next week, we’ll share our Official Thanksgiving Menu (and grocery list) – full of recipes that we’ve hand-tested and full endorse!
* And don’t forget, you can any of our friend’s recipes to your gatheredtable library by using the gatheredtable web clipper.