After the big day of family, fun and feasting is over, you’ll be left with a wealth of leftover turkey, potatoes and greens! Your Thanksgiving Day leftover dishes are the perfect subjects to repurpose into yummy weeknight meals.
Copy some of our recommended leftover dishes into your own gatheredtable recipe library, then add them to next week’s menu.
1. Turkey Avocado Spring Rolls – adapted from White On Rice Couple
“A fun way to change up dinner time post-Thanksgiving” – Jaren
2. Katin’s Turkey Soup – adapted from Katin
“My go-to dinner creation after the craziness of Thanksgiving dies down. It’s also a great recipe to freeze and save for later in the winter.” – Katin
3. Mashed Potato Cakes – adapted from Food Network
“Goes well with Katin’s turkey soup! (and kids love them)” – Victoria
4. Turkey, Arugula and Couscous Salad – adapted from Food and Wine
“A great use for leftover turkey! It calls for walnuts – which you toast in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.” – Victoria
5. Wild Rice & Tarragon Turkey Salad – adapted from Mary’s friend Dana
“This recipe truly is divine! It’s a great way to use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, but equally good with chicken.” – Mary
- Our Official Thanksgiving Menu: Featuring main dishes, starters, side dishes and desserts – this menu is sure to satisfy!
- Turkey: Don’t forget to check out our in-depth post on the art of seasoning cooking your bird!
- The Plan: How to plan for your Thanksgiving, without stressing!
- Pie Crust: We break down our favorite pie crusts to give you some options this holiday season!
- Kitchen Tools: the 6 kitchen tools you need this holiday season!
- Blogger round-ups: non-traditional desserts, healthy sides, and ways to use your extra recipe ingredients.