We love egg dishes! Whether for a large brunch with friends, a quick and healthy dinner, or a tasty breakfast for one – we think that eggs are a flexible and healthy option for adding more protein to your diet.
We’ve hand-tested all of these egg recipes and suggest every single one of them! If one looks good to you, click on it below then copy it to your personal recipe library. You’ll then see it on one of your future weekly menus. Or if you’re looking for more recipe suggestions from the gatheredtable team, check out the entire gatheredtable recipe library.
1. Baked Eggs adapted from Julia Child
It doesn’t get more basic than this – a simple egg and cream dish that is easy to make for one or for a group and can be customized with your own toppings of fresh herbs and spices.
2. Braised Lentils and Chard Topped with an Egg adapted from The Kitchn
A good recipe for the new year – packed full of veggies and nutrients, this recipe is a good healthy option. Green lentils are recommended!
3. Soft-Boiled Eggs with Savory Toasts adapted from Buvette: The Pleasure of Good Food by Jody Williams
Can you say YUM? To eat, use a table knife to cut top off of each egg and use a little spoon to dig out the beautifully cooked egg, spreading yolk on savory toast, or even dipping your toast into the egg yolk.
4. Frittata with Mint, Spinach and Pecorino adapted from Home Made by Yvette van Boven
Frittatas offer a nice combination of eggs with other ingredients like cheese, vegetables and meat. This recipe has a nice balance with the silkiness of the eggs and the freshness of the mint.
5. Ricotta-Gruyere Frittata adapted from The Moosewood Cookbook
And another frittata! This is a creamy and delicious version, packed with ricotta cheese. Try it as a main dish for dinner, we find it to be kid-friendly and liked by all!
6. Eggs Poached in Tomato Sauce adapted from Mad Hungry
If you’ve never tried poaching eggs in a spicy sauce, we highly recommend it! Adjust the sauce to taste with more red pepper flakes before dropping your eggs in.
7. Huevos Rancheros adapted from Farm Flavor
This restaurant brunch classic is a charming meal to make at home and can easily be paired with other mexican-themed side dishes to create a full meal.
8. Spicy Fried Egg with Avocado and Feta adapted from The Kinfolk Table by Nathan Williams
This is a fun dish for a group or family, allowing everyone a chance to personalize their egg dish to their liking.