Chili is a great cold-weather dish, full of healthy and hearty ingredients. And while we appreciate a basic Beef and Bean Chili, we have discovered a multitude of variants on this recipe to satisfy every palate and diet.
Below you’ll find our favorite chili recipes, all hand-tested in the gatheredtable kitchen. Enjoy!
First, our favorite basic chili recipes…
1. Three Bean Chili with Turkey Sausage from Mary (gatheredtable founder & ceo) who’s been making this for 20 years
2. Beef and Bean Chili adapted from Real Simple
3. Vegan Chili adapted from Bon Appétit, September 2004
4. Quick Lamb Chili adapted from Martha Stewart
Plus a couple “alternative” chili recipes…
5. White Bean Chicken Chili from Giada De Laurentiis
We love the swiss chard and corn in this flavorful and simple chili.
6. Pumpkin and Pork Chili adapted from The Sunset Cookbook
If you want spice, add more chili powder! Sugar Pie pumpkins and Baby Bear pumpkins are the best to use but feel free to experiment with different varieties of winter squash available during fall and winter.
Finally, a couple more turkey chili recipes…
7. Slow-Cooker Turkey and Hominy Chili also from The Sunset Cookbook
If possible, turn over turkey thighs halfway through cooking for the meat to cook more evenly!
8. Turkey, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Good”
If you have beef or chicken broth on hand, we suggest using it in place of the water.