This Friday marks the beginning of Passover. This joyous celebration of new beginnings is so well complimented by the bountiful spring vegetables just beginning to appear. Below you’ll find two menus for Passover, full of our favorite recipes using spring’s bounty to celebrate.
Menu 1: Traditional Brisket with Spring-Inspired Sides
- Beef Brisket with Caramelized Onions adapted from Williams Sonoma – We love using a combination of 3/4 cup beef broth and 3/4 cup red wine in step 5 for a little something extra. This brisket is a great option to make well ahead of time – after slicing the brisket, put the meat back in the gravy and freeze. When you’re ready to serve, just put it in the oven at 250° and let it defrost for a couple of hours, until warm.
- Sautéed Asparagus adapted from Gatheredtable Staff
- Butter Lettuce and Herb Salad adapted from The Whale Wins
- Potato-Parsnip Mash adapted from Real Simple
- Flourless Brownies adapted from Elana’s Pantry
Menu 2: Halibut with Modern Sides
- Halibut with Radish Relish adapted from Whole Foods
- Avocado and Grapefruit Salad adapted from The Food Network
- Roasted Broccoli with Shallots adapted from Rachel Ray Magazine
- Herbed Fingerling Potatoes adapted from Barefoot Contessa
- Paleo Chocolate Pecan Pie adapted from Elana’s Pantry